Mahaney Roofing Company, Inc. was established in 1888 and has a strong reputation in the community. We are certified by all the large manufacturers as a First Tier Contractor, and have been the recipient of multiple Firestone Master Contractor Awards.
We are committed to providing a work place that promotes safety, advancement, training, opportunity and accountability to our employees. We E-Verify and conduct pre-employment drug screens for every new employee to ensure a safe, dependable, and quality workforce.
We have developed a training program and career path that allows each employee the opportunity to see this as a long-term career. Our employees average over 45 hours per week year round. We also provide individual health benefits to every employee paid in full by the company.
Job Description – Office Assistant
The Office Assistant will support Project Managers in executing contracts, job set up and close out procedures, customer service, etc. The Office Assistant will also be responsible for assisting accounting with data entry, filing, and other administrative duties.
- Assist PM’s in establishing project objectives, policies, safety procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Assist PM’s in preparation and scheduling of project and strategy meetings.
- Work with Project Managers, accounting, and contract administrators to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Enters accounts payable and receivable data
- Assist with purchase orders – preparing, submitting, receiving, verifying, etc.
- Assist with execution and tracking of change orders and submittals.
- Monitor reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, labor and scheduling.
- Ensure that all pre and post job checklist requirements are executed
- Answers multiline phone system
- 2 years work experience in an administrative role, preferably in the construction industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to proactively address potential issues.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude.
- Positive and encouraging personality.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
- Valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a 1-hour lunch.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate is commensurate with position, education and experience
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Industry leading health and life insurance
- Vacation leave
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mahaney Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws
Mahaney Roofing Company, one of the largest and most respected roofing contractors in the Midwest is currently recruiting for a full time Project Manager for Wichita, KS. The ideal candidate should be well organized, detail oriented and possess a strong work ethic.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage roofing crews at multiple work locations
- Work with subcontractors on all phases of projects including scheduling, change orders and submittals
- Review and prepare proposed project bids. Obtain material estimates and calculate labor estimates to develop complete quotes
- Monitor labor and job cost
- Keep project records and interface with owners, subcontractors, and Company management.
- Responsible for project safety, work schedule, material handling and communication with customers
- Work closely with Superintendent and Foreman throughout project process
- Job site inspections
- Some travel required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial roofing industry
- Understanding of BUR systems, materials, and their applications, single ply roofing systems, building construction, field installation of metal work.
- Prior project management and quality assurance experience required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawing, with the ability to read specifications and plans
- Ability to handle a variety of duties with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver's license
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with position, education and experience
- Discretionary bonus compensation
- Simple IRA retirement plan
- Industry leading health insurance
- Vacation leave
- Life Insurance
- Company phone
- Company truck
- Company laptop
Mahaney Roofing Company believes strongly in maintaining an excellent work environment for our employees.
As a condition of employment, all applicants offered a position are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Mahaney Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please call 316-262-4768.
General Laborer / Roofers[+]
Please apply online or in person from Monday through Friday during 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Our office is located at 2822 N. Mead St. Wichita, Ks 67219.
This position is full time and work is available year round. Come join our team!
*$10-$14 per hour
*Individual Health Insurance paid 100% by Mahaney Roofing
*Life Insurance Policy paid 100% by Mahaney Roofing
*Eligible for Paid Time Off
*3% Simple IRA match
Mahaney Roofing Company is hiring for all experienced levels of the roofing trade. However, no experience is necessary, Mahaney Roofing will provide training. Employees must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, climb ladders, work in dirty and dusty conditions, etc. Employees must be able to perform quality and quantity work on a daily basis as well as practicing Mahaney's safety policies and procedures.
Minimum Education: None required
Minimum Experience: Not required, but preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
*Ability to learn the different roof systems in order to properly complete reroofs, new construction, repairs, and more.
*Ability to follow safety guidelines in accordance with Mahaney Roofing Safety Polices.
*Ability to work in a team environment.
*Ability to perform detailed work at an appropriate pace.
*Ability to follow all Mahaney Roofing Company's policies and procedures including the attendance policy.
Valid Driver's License is preferred, but not required
Regular hours of work: Monday through Friday and Saturdays as needed. Start times will vary depending on the weather and season. Out of town work may be required.
Environmental Factors: The position will be performed outdoors and weather conditions will be a huge factor as work will occur in the heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. This position will be exposed to dusty and dirty conditions as well as hazardous materials.
Physical Requirements: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Explanation of Physical Job Requirements: This position requires advanced physical work including daily activities such as; walking, standing, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing a ladder, carrying and lifting at least 50 pounds, working in elevated levels through inclement weather, and working in dirty conditions. Must be able to climb a ladder.
Sheet Metal Crews[+]
Mahaney Roofing is looking for qualified sheet metal installers to become a part of our team. Previous experience is not required, but is preferred. Employees must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, climb ladders, work in dirty and dusty conditions, etc. Employees must be able to perform quality and quantity work on a daily basis as well as practicing Mahaney’s safety policies and procedures.
Mahaney Roofing is looking for Service Crew Members to become a part of our team. Service Crews are responsible for responding to client leaks and other small projects. Previous experience is preferred, but is not required. Employees must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, climb ladders, work in dirty and dusty conditions, etc. Employees must be able to perform quality and quantity work on a daily basis as well as practicing Mahaney’s safety policies and procedures.